Sunday, February 1, 2009

Busy Week

Well its been a busy week for us. Last week, Chris was in in service this past week. He hates the 1 week school has to attend every last week of January. Its the same thing every year, but he is glad to get it done this last week, so he can go to the natia class ( undercover school). He will be doing that this week.

Jon is doing well, Finally getting over being so sick. He did really well on his report card this 9 weeks.


Audrey is doing good. I had a conference with her teachers Thursday and we are going to get her tested. We may think she has Dyscalculia. KImberly maybe you can yell me what that is. The teachers call it mathlexia, but I don't know. She is having so many problems in math. She is a A and B student in everything else. If we can figure out what is going with her. She will be perfect, Well we all know she is. She was nominated for the gifted and talented by her teacher.


Sarah is getting ready for a Drill Meet in San Antonio Saturday. I took some video of her practice, She is so much better then what is seen. She does not want to hurt herself. She is going so much better in Geography. After taking her out of Mr Brakes class her grade shot up from a 65 to a 89 for the 6 weeks.

As for me, I am going with the flow. I started some new meds last week and omg, I completely went bonkers. I started on Wednesday night and for 2 days felt as if I were drugged. It was so bad, I slept for 2 days. getting up long enough to put the kids on the bus and getting them off the bus. I stopped taking it Friday and woke up Sat morning feeling better. I am calling the Dr tomorrow and telling her NO MORE!!

Well I am heading off to bed. You all have a great week

Tammy


2 comments:

  1. I spoke with Tammy on the phone and told her that while I do not know the term, we give the more generic diagnosis of Mathematics Disorder. I am not surprised to hear there are more specific terms out there to describe problems people experience. So, hey, if it gets her the kind of help she needs, then I am all for it.

    Tam, if you can, post a video of one of her meets. I would love to see how she looks when she is sharp and focused. I do not have much experience watching such activities, so it is hard to appreciate her skill, ya know? But I like seeing vids of all my neices and nephews since I am so far away.

    143

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked with my Doctor and he confirmed that Dyscalculia is, in fact, a legitimate form of Dyslexia. Just thought you would want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete